Safety is key when dealing with optimum oral health. Clean teeth mean nothing if you are constantly getting them knocked out via oral injuries or from high-risk activities. Dentistry on 1st LLC wants to help you find a balance between enjoying life but keeping your teeth and gums safe from injury.
Protect your teeth and gums from all manner of outside threats. Here are some common tasks that could be putting your teeth at risk:
– Tongue piercings may seem fashionable and cool for many but a single wrong move could spell danger for your lips, teeth, and gums. Metal bits can break loose and become choking risks or chip and crack your teeth.
– If you play any sports or practice any extreme stunts, always make sure to include a mouth guard or facemask. A single blow to the head can easily knock out multiple teeth or crack your jaw.
– Bruxism, which is a condition where you unknowingly grind your teeth, can slowly wear down your teeth over time. Dentistry on 1st LLC can offer treatment plans for bruxism.
– Biting on your nails could potentially chip or crack your teeth, as well as risk all sorts of bad bacteria and germs being introduced to your mouth.
– Never attempt to unlock or open things with your teeth. This is an easy way to give yourself an oral injury and put your teeth and gums in harm’s way.
If you need to schedule an appointment with Drs. Skinner and Schop, our dentists in Tucson, Arizona, please call us at 520-292-0606. We would love to help you with all your oral health care wishes!